Never Respond to Rudeness!
A lesson I took decades to learn! I have always wondered why certain people go out of their way to make others feel uncomfortable. I have had the misfortune of interacting with a set for whom this is but a past -time! Having come in contact with those who have spewed venom and have tried to wreck my relationships; i have learnt one very crucial lesson - "when people are rude to you, they reveal who they are; not who you are! The best way to deal with the conniving type is to remain silent."
A lesson I took decades to learn! I have always wondered why certain people go out of their way to make others feel uncomfortable. I have had the misfortune of interacting with a set for whom this is but a past -time! Having come in contact with those who have spewed venom and have tried to wreck my relationships; i have learnt one very crucial lesson - "when people are rude to you, they reveal who they are; not who you are! The best way to deal with the conniving type is to remain silent."
Being silent does not mean adopting a servile attitude and tolerating nonsense. One must devise an effective mechanism to communicate to the offender that 'silence' is not to be misconstrued for weakness; which most fools do!
Maintaining equanimity and peace isn't always easy; especially when surrounded by those who have no other objective in life but to make yours miserable. Each of us must come to terms with what we want from life. It is our priorities that ultimately help us decide what to focus on - the hatred or the positive stuff! The choice i suppose lies entirely with us! Eventually, no one can harm us but ourselves.
I genuinely regret not having adopted this line of thought years ago. Who knows things would have been better! I remember my mother used to say; in fact still does, "if you are angered you are conquered!"
I suppose the key is to soothe ourselves with happy thoughts; and surround ourselves with those who genuinely care. After a while the negative influence begins to fade. Easier said than done! But not an impossible feat.
Luckily there are those who love and care for us. I try not to take them for granted. One simply needs to weigh options and choose what suits us best. After all life is too short to waste on those who are out to either use you or simply hate you. Instead lets do something special for our loved ones. A small gesture or a warm hug can make somebody's day.

No comments:
Post a Comment